Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random II

Morning market bounty

5 orchids for $2 TOTAL. I think I'm gonna tie these to some trees outside & see what they do, you see that everywhere here & they flourish

Sunday markets, these funky manequins are all over the place

This little piggy went to market

On Sunday we went to a very traditional Thai market. Kind of overwhelming for the girls, very hot day did not help the variety of pungent smells. I thought Ry might hurl (it was strong for even Rob & me), but she held on. Stayed about an hour & then we wimps made our first trip to McDonald's


Al & I loved going to the morning markets in Europe. We have hopes for here, but it may take time to appreciate the Thai charm

Wish we could share with you the smells

Including some wonderful smells, like Korean/Japanese BBQ 



Drove to Bangkok Monday for a lovely visit with the Boehms and orthodontist

Tessa & Riley lazy rivering at a Bangkok shopping center roof water park

Madagascar movie night sleepover with popcorn at the Boehm's

Weeding the golf course?

Girls on fall break + Rob traveling all week = working overtime for me, but I love it. I was helping Ry tidy her room when I looked out & saw the golf course scene. Every day we come across something new, somewhere that grabs our attention or makes us stop. The quilt of hats & squatting ladies did it for me this morning. We opened the window for a while and listened to them gabbing together. Does the friendly chatter & sense of community help them forget their achy backs & knees?