Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Off

Bangkok. We were warned of unruly protests in town today, but Al's ortho appt was on outskirts of downtown, so we went ahead with our plans & didn't see anything except extra security on the streets 




11... going on 17.

Happy Birthday to my Mom.  Today would have been number 62. 

I'm living a strange inverse existence.  The more wonderful things & places I get to share, do and explore with my girls in this beautiful world, the more sad & mad I am that my Mom was robbed of nearly every worthy experience of motherhood.  A dark place in my heart aches for her for all that she missed.

Thank heavens for the bright spots that are little girls.  This morning mine stepped into a much deserved 4-day weekend... Happy Makha Bucha Day on Monday, a Buddhist holiday of repentance & purification.  Rob's working all weekend, so it's just us ladies. Went to Bangkok today for ortho appt, and made a day of it in the city by going to the rooftop water park & the mall housing her dental office.  Their friend Maria from Brazil came along and we all had a grand time. I adore our time with kids from different locales. After the water park, we lazed about an English bookstore.  Even swung into a movie theatre just for the popcorn (Maria's idea), one of those things I've often wanted to do, but had never done.  Today we did. 

As Ry beamed on our return home, "Today was such a happy day."  It was.  And it wasn't.  But it absolutely was.